Best of the Seacoast
Come see why we have been voted "Best of the Seacoast" 5 years in a row!
Heating OilDelivery and Service
We deliver BioHeat® and Kerosene. Our technicians are available to check all of your oil appliances as well.
Propane GasDelivery and Service
We've been providing exceptional propane gas service in New Hampshire and Maine for more than 80 years.
Heating and ACInstall and Service
At D.F. Richard Energy we sell and install all of the best major brands for your complete propane gas and oil energy needs.
Self-Cleaning No Maintenance Air Purification
D.F. Richard can help protect your home from mold, bacteria, viruses, and other pollutants with the iWave-R air purification system.
The iWave-R is a no-hassle, no-maintenance solution that can be installed right into your existing ducted HVAC system.Learn More About The iWave-R
“Very satisfied. Recommended your company to several co-workers. Very professional.”
“We have relied on DFR for the past 30 years and have ALWAYS been impressed by your fast and efficient service. Thank you!”
“Great service and office team.”
“From the moment I met Dave Richard for the sale, to the scheduled time for install, and through the completion of work, I am exceptionally happy with all services. I was advised of scheduling and given status of work as it went on. I will highly recommend D.F. Richard for work.”
Dan & DonnaRochester
“It will be 50 years I have been with your company. Whenever I call with a question your customer service people are always courteous and helpful.”
“Always accommodating to our needs. Very friendly and nice to the community.”
Somersworth Fire Department
“I don’t check 'excellent' without meaning it! I am very satisfied with all aspects of your work!”
“We were out of town when service was needed. We made an SOS call and service was performed expediently. We thank you so much for the excellent service. Your company is top notch.”
Nina and JohnRollinsford
“As always, quick response and good service!”
“Technician was great, friendly , explained everything and showed me the results.”
“D.F. Richard is always prompt, efficient, and fixes the issue quickly. Wouldn’t use anyone else!”
“All your techs are patient teachers. As a single woman with no knowledge of mechanical basement things, this is very helpful!!! (The men are also friendly but respectful).”
Enter your zip code to find out if we service your area
Do you need help with heating costs?
NH Community Action
Contact your local Community Action Agency to learn more about or to apply for Electric Assistance, Fuel Assistance, or Weatherization Assistance Programs.Learn More
The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps qualified homeowners and renters pay for heating costs.Learn More
Fall Weather Moves
Time to have your heating system cleaned and checked so you can get the best performance from your boiler or furnace for when you need it the most.
- Remove any debris that may be blocking a power venter, fill pipe or fuel storage container.
- A smart thermostat is a great investment. It allows you to monitor your heat levels in your home while at work or away and can alert you to a potential problem if your heat drops.
- Make sure your heating vents or baseboard are in the open position, cleared of any blockage and pet hair.
- Check your air filters, clean air filters help with optimal air flow. For those who have pets, you may have to change filters more often.
- A ceiling fan can help a room stay warm while you are in it. Make sure the blades are going clockwise so as the heat rises it will push air out to the walls and back down again. Shut your fan off when not in the room as it will not help regulate the house.
- Anytime you put enclosed additions onto your home, finish a basement or increase the size of your family, you increase the fuel amount that is burned. Notify us of these changes so we can make the appropriate adjustments to your deliveries.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: PO Box 669, Dover NH 03821-0669
Office: 124 Broadway, Dover NH 03820
We are open from 8am — 4:30pm weekdays.
24/7 Emergency: 1-800-649-6457