Propane is a safe fuel source, but there are some tips that can help keep your family safe.
Propane is a safe fuel source, but to further ensure your safety, below are a few safety tips you should become familiar with:
- If you detect a propane gas leak at any time, immediately evacuate everyone from the house and, once you are away from the house, use your cell phone or a neighbor’s phone, to call D.F. Richard Energy at 1-800-649-6457 or the fire department.
- Learn what propane gas smells like. Annually D.F. Richard Energy provides a Duty to Warn pamphlet with a scratch-and-sniff available to help your family recognize the distinctive odor of propane.
- Know where your propane gas lines are located, so they won’t be damaged when digging or work is done in your yard. Call Dig Safe prior to beginning any work.
- Change or clean furnace filters regularly as recommended by the manufacturer. If you have pets, this may have to be done more frequently.
- Don’t store cleaning fluids, oil-soaked rags, gasoline or other flammable liquids near a propane gas-burning appliance where vapors could be ignited by a pilot light.
- Never use a generator in an enclosed or partially enclosed space.
- Never use a gas grill in an enclosed area or close to a building.
- Always keep your propane tank accessible. Keep plants and fences away from tank.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: PO Box 669, Dover NH 03821-0669
Office: 124 Broadway, Dover NH 03820
We are open from 8am — 4:00pm weekdays.
24/7 Emergency: 1-800-649-6457